- 7 a.m., 4430 Hollister Avenue ($10)
- 8:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., Better Days Yoga, 7433 Hollister Ave, Goleta
- 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., 1213 State Street, Suite L ($13)
- 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m., 316-A State St.-The Adderly School ($18 - $20)
- 10 a.m. to noon, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 909 La Cumbre Rd. (Free)
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., S.B. Central Library (Free)
- 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., Westside Dance Studios, 1427 San Andres St. ($10)
- 10:30 a.m., Solvang to Carpinteria (Free)
- Noon to 1 p.m., Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital (Free)
- 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Schott Ctr. (Free)
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m., Cottage Center for Brain Fitness, 2409 De La Vina, St. Santa Barbara. ($10)
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Alice Keck Park Memorial Gardens (small turtle island), 200 block of E. Arrellaga St. (Free)
- 5 p.m., Santa Barbara Rock Gym ($7.50)
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Solvang Alano Club, 320 Alisal Road (Free)
- 5:30 p.m., Smmerland Church, 2400 Lillie Ave. Summerland (Free - $12)
- 6 p.m., The Training Room, 1N Calle Cesar Chavez, #110, Santa Barbara. (Free)
- 6:30 p.m., Meet at Old Mission Santa Barbara, 2201 Laguna St.
- 7 p.m., Hollister Professional Bldg., 5276 Hollister Ave., Ste. 304
- 7:30 p.m., Jefferson Hall, 1525 Santa Barbara St. ($7)
- 8 p.m., Marquee, 1212 State St. (Free)
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
As part of their awareness raising efforts during the month of April, Child Abuse Listening Mediation (CALM) is hosting two parenting events that are FREE and open to the community
9:30 a.m., 1236 Chapala Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101 (Free)
Aquatic Center offers small group classes and individualized therapy sessions.
10 a.m. to 11 a.m., Muller Aquatic Center, 22 Anacapa St. (Free)
All are invited to enjoy lunch with your friends and colleagues and contribute to the life-changing programs that Special Olympics provides individuals with intellectual disabilities.
11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Paradise Cafe, Holdren's, Outback Steakhouse
Workshop for parents of preschoolers. Explore great new apps for tablets and smartphones that help children develop language and social skills through stories.
11:15 a.m., Goleta Public Library (Free)
"Love, Loss, and What I Wore" will prove that great storytelling is always in fashion.
2 p.m., Rubicon Theatre ($25 - $49)
Duke University Professor and Artist-Scholar Tommy DeFrantz will speak publicly with Artistic Director and MacArthur Fellow Kyle Abraham. They will discuss race, corporeality, queering the body and aesthetics in movement
3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., HSSB -- UCSB
This talk Professor Sax will discuss the cultural epidemiology of ritual healing.
3 p.m., McCune Conference Room (Free)
Gai Jones, a renowned educator, author, and director, will teach this classs
3:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m., Ojai Youth Entertainers Studio ($95)
Santa Barbara Fair and Expo celebrates “25 Years of Magic”, April 23-27, 2014 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds!
4 p.m. to 9 p.m., Earl Warren Showgrounds ($4 - $22)
Come see the gorgeous rotunda and the omni-channel retail experience that Deckers Outdoor has brought.
5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Deckers Outdoor Corporation, 250 Coromar Dr., Goleta ($10 - $15)
Discover why many students choose Antioch University Santa Barbara (AUSB) to complete their Bachelor’s degrees
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Antioch University (Free)
This class is designed to instill creativity, teamwork, and self-esteem.
6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Ojai Youth Entertainers Studio ($125)
Narrated by Liev Schrieber, Rescue in the Philippines is the untold story of how the five Frieder brothers helped 1200 Jews escape the Nazis and immigrate to the Philippines.
6 p.m., MultiCultural Ctr. (Free)
Republican candidates for the 24th Congressional District will speak.
6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Fess Parker's DoubleTree Resort (Free)
Families ACT! is co-sponsoring this CANDIDATE FORUM for Sheriff and 2nd District Supervisor races.
6 p.m., Goleta Valley Community Ctr. (Free)
This practice will be the introduction for anyone who wants to learn the essential components of a good meditation practice.
6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Mahakankala Buddhist Ctr. ($10)
Attend a free screening of the year-in-the-life documentary film that follows USFWS biologist Joseph Brandt into the world of endangered species recovery. After the film there will be a Q&A with the filmmaker Jeff McLoughlin and Joseph Brant.
7 p.m., S.B. Museum of Natural History (Free)
Hear useful information for the parent about the history and prevalence of bullying, and the degree that it impacts a young person’s ability to communicate with peers appropriately, and develop healthy social contacts at school.
7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Plaza Playhouse Theater (Free)
Christopher Buckley will sign books "Holly Days of Obligation" and newest book of poetry "Back Room at the Philosophers' Club."
7 p.m., Chaucer's Books (Free)
Western novelist Rebecca Rockwell will speak about her new book "The Last Desperado."
7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Carpinteria Public Library (Free - $5)
This will be a wild musical romp through the hearts and minds of pubescent wonders as they conquer the big bad bee.
7 p.m., Laguna Blanca School (Free - $10)
The Theatre Group at SBCC will present this new play.
7:30 p.m., Jurkowitz Theatre ($8 - $24)
One of the most groundbreaking and sought-after artists of recent years, Kyle Abraham creates a conversation of movement in his newest work, "Pavement".
8 p.m., UCSB Campbell Hall ($35 - $19)
This show is an immersive theatrical performance with elements of cabaret and acrobatics.
8 p.m., Carr Winery ($40 - $50)
"Creations 2014" will feature two esteemed guests, Elizabeth Hoffmann and Markus Schmickler.
8 p.m., Lotte Lehmann Concert Hall (Free)